First of all, this map is amazing. The level of detail is staggering. The hemispherical design makes a lot of sense, and all the little bits of lore and art that surround it are very interesting and beautiful too. The maps themselves are of course gorgeous.
I will say this, though: I find the font size, both in and around the maps, is too small for my taste. I can barely read the map labels and the nation names on the scrolls. The names next to the colored circles (which I think are ethnic groups?) are almost illegible. I don't think it'd hurt the map composition to enlarge the font, if just slightly.
Also, I'm having some difficulty understanding the two small central maps. Do they in fact show ethnic or racial groupings? A label that explains what are supposed to represent would've been nice.
But overall, an incredible map, very much worthy of all of the awards and praise and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
...I don't think marking Occident and Orient on a world map like this makes much sense...
I'll allow myself to explain on Ilanthar's behalf: the words 'occident' and 'orient' in their original Latin meanings simply referred to the part of the sky where the sun set and rose, respectively, so essentially just 'west' and 'east'. Later the words came to be used in a geopolitical/cultural context of 'Western' and 'Eastern' countries, specifically Europe and the Middle and/or Far East. I'd say using the words in their original, , meaning makes perfect sense on any kind of world map.