Thread: Faerūn+, Forgotten Realms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Would you allow me, when you are done, to use your map as an information base for my own interpretation of Faerūn? Honestly, I trust your work here more than those of Wizard of the Coast

I am an Art Historian, so working from so many contradicting official material was a bit both frustrating but also familiar with working for Museums to recreate old maps.
    I understand. There's actually a lot of wrong information and misspellings on official products. Enough so, that when there are misspellings and it seems evident in a couple places, I'll use the one I think is most correct and then put -sp: (othername)- in small type underneath so people know that they might find information under both spellings. Because there have been a few times I search and search for a place and can't find anything then realize its all under another spelling. Very annoying, especially when its in the official published products.

Anyways! To your questions: Yes, I'd be happy if the map was able to help you in any way. Another good resource that I use is the Candlekeep.com site. There are authors and designers and very knowledgeable sages that are very helpful in locating information or even providing information from their notes that's never been published.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fusblr View Post
    I understand. There's actually a lot of wrong information and misspellings on official products. Enough so, that when there are misspellings and it seems evident in a couple places, I'll use the one I think is most correct and then put -sp: (othername)- in small type underneath so people know that they might find information under both spellings. Because there have been a few times I search and search for a place and can't find anything then realize its all under another spelling. Very annoying, especially when its in the official published products.

Anyways! To your questions: Yes, I'd be happy if the map was able to help you in any way. Another good resource that I use is the Candlekeep.com site. There are authors and designers and very knowledgeable sages that are very helpful in locating information or even providing information from their notes that's never been published.
    Sounds awesome. Thanks!

I was thinking about making a map of the Dark Sun World, when I have more time.