Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irvalian Headlands

The lower left has floating islands above the ground. I thought labels would probably help make that clear, but I'm open to other suggestions, too. Maybe stronger/closer shadows for them? Maybe they just don't work in this style? The lower right is swamp, the darker parts are brackish water. I'm going to work on the colors there to make it more muted.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Yeah closer shadows would be good and maybe making them less flat. For the swamp you could mix more the green and brown, usually swamps are made of hundreds of small ponds with trees all around.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah that horizon makes the perspective work much better, I think. Love what you're doing!

Made some updates. Caveats:
    -The horizon will come back, just needs to be one of the later things I do.
    -Shadows for the floating islands will have to be later, too.
    -Same for fixing the blurriness in the southern waters.

I want to make sure I've got all the terrain/trees/etc. locked down before I tackle those things. So I tried to improve the swamp a bit and made the western mountains a little more natural looking. I think I'm pretty happy where those things are, so might take one more pass before moving to the three things above and then doing labeling, border, etc.

Thanks very much for the CC so far! Keep it coming!

Iral3b.png

Don't forget the weird overhanging mountains, and maybe you could make rivers narrower. Otherwise the floating islands look better as well as the swamp.

Thanks. I softened the mountains a little - you're talking about the jagged ranged on the left, yeah? Could go a bit further there.

Yes that's what I was talking about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12