Thread: The Broken Empire / Red Queen's War Europe

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Default The Broken Empire / Red Queen's War Europe

This is my fan map of Mark Lawrence's two dark fantasy trilogies, The Broken Empire and The Red Queen's War. They're set in a Europe 1000 years after a nuclear apocalypse which fractured reality, raised sea levels, and allowed "magic" to seep into the world. The books only have fragmentary maps so this is my version, compiled from all six books I've (almost) finished reading.

It was fun to create using real world data, Fractal Terrains and Photoshop. WIP here.

broken empire V6a.png
    Last edited by Robulous; 02-17-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Good work! It couldn't have been easy to reconstruct the total map from the partial maps. In any case the result is very nice, a good choice of color and I had a lot of fun to go through it!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Good work! It couldn't have been easy to reconstruct the total map from the partial maps. In any case the result is very nice, a good choice of color and I had a lot of fun to go through it!
    Thanks! The author and publisher love it, this could be my first published map!

Extremely cool! I haven't read the books, but the map looks great.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Great work and a very impressive undertaking. I understand that they are happy! I remember that I was so confused when I read the first book and it suddenly included what felt like scifi elements (unless I am mistaken).

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Great work and a very impressive undertaking. I understand that they are happy! I remember that I was so confused when I read the first book and it suddenly included what felt like scifi elements (unless I am mistaken).
    Thanks! It's one of the things I love about the series, he gets the mix of fantasy and scifi just about right. I like magic to have rules and some kind of logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Extremely cool! I haven't read the books, but the map looks great.
    Read them they're great

I don't know the books, but it looks both good and effective. Well done, Robulus .