Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMM's Experiments

The thing is, this is pure paper and ink, and I want to leave it like that. If I get a tablet somewhere in the future, your idea would certainly be tried out, but this particular style I'm trying to come up with needs to work with and without colour.
    Perhaps if I did not cross-hatch the roofs but only drew the lines that go from side to side, without the ones that go top-to-down...?

Sure! It was just in case you scanned it and worked it on computer for ending details.
    Honestly, don't bother that much with my picky points... It's really good as it is right now .

Your 'picky points' are the reason I'm posting these experiments
    Oh, and I said I would show the latest experiments 'tomorrow' but that didn't happen. Didn't do much, and certainly I haven't yet found the best way to make a difference (yet). I should post the work some time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Your 'picky points' are the reason I'm posting these experiments
    Oh, and I said I would show the latest experiments 'tomorrow' but that didn't happen. Didn't do much, and certainly I haven't yet found the best way to make a difference (yet). I should post the work some time soon...
    'Sometime soon', no kidding...
    Anyway, latest experiment, not sure whether I'll finish.
    I was inspired after seeing a model of a greek hilltop city in a book. Mostly the way the harbour was accessed by a rocky slope. The inspiration was much smaller and... greek. I feel in some places the houses are too far apart... and in others the perspective is lost.
    Oh, and this is also inspired by Wingshaw's cities.
    Thanks Ilanthar, I think I;m content with the way the rooftops differ now - though I'm still deciding whether to add beams to the walls.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This looks really good. Can turn out to be quite a city map !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Thanks Voolf! That's if I don't ruin it soon...

I'll lay this little city to rest for a while, so that my fresh eyes will pick out what is wrong with it. Might also do it again in watercolour.

Oh yeah! Great start.

More watercolour work. I'm bracing myself for an a3 project, trying to find my perfect style. Of course, this is inspired by many different artists on here - mountains by Ilanthar, forests by kacey, motivation from Baerald's work, and probably a lot of others I subconsciously took from.
    For an experiment I'm pretty happy with the landmass itself, but though I like the idea of the clouds, I think I executed them terribly. The grey colour just doesn't work, and I'm not sure what would.
    No comment on the scroll. As seemingly simple as they are, I've always struggled with them. I should dedicate an entire paper to them for practice.
    And the sea. More sea experiments needed... Can't have chalkiness like this.
    Also, the scanner made the whole thing lose a lot of its colour, which even the filter I used can't get back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12