Thread: Arid - desert area map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map Arid - desert area map

Hello, i am just finished a map and i would like to hear your input. Any comment would be welcome.
    Thank you.

kasdargia11c.jpg
    Last edited by Yusaku Asano; 03-14-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I like the region depicted here. A possible improvement would be to ensure that the rivers do not pass over the mountains. The one that I see here is near Montemnoyea (or the triangular mountain range on the left. I dont have the keys on the keyboard to be more precise!).
    Looks great all the same!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thank you very much. I ll kind fix the rivers

Guild Apprentice

I like the over-all feel of the map. It sure conveys the impression of the area being an arid, barren part of the world. I would agree with Arimel's critique about the rivers, and also add some regarding the placement of the mountains and how it is important for the perspective to work. If you look in the upper right-hand corner of the map, for example, you see that some of the mountains that are placed further back are drawn over those more to the front. It doesn't look right. I'm guessing it is because the mountains are partly transparent, so regardless of the order you place them in, it will look like that. Also, you could consider adding a cool waterfall where that river spills over the rock-wall.

Keep up the good work!