Thread: Hello to one and all

Default Hello to one and all

Hello there

I'm PsychoCircus, and yes, that's an odd name, I know. If you aren't aware of where it comes from, its a nickname friends of mine gave me years ago because they said it reflected my personality pretty well. Also, the album of the same name by one of my favorite bands had just came out when I received this new nickname, so it sort of stuck. Hence, I'm often called Psycho Circus

A little about me, I'm 53, and a long time roleplayer (both as a player and a game master), an amateur writer (fantasy, sci fi, comics based, you name it), and graphic designer/graphic artist/insert other similar title here. I've been doing all of these for a very long time now, and enjoy these activities immensely.

In the past, I've normally either drawn my maps for games and/or novels by hand, or I've done something very quick and simple, to the point you could say, in a vector art program, typically Macromedia FreeHand, starting when it was first published by Aldus, and on up through its subsequent versions and owners, until Adobe acquired it and discontinued it.

Lately, I've been experimenting with creating more detailed and "atlas like" or "photorealistic" maps in Photoshop, since I love the look of them. I found a few tutorials (most of them here) that used an interesting array of techniques that I've been playing around with. I've also seen a lot of impressive work here and have been inspired by it.

At any rate, that's a little about me. So hello fellow cartography, graphics and otherwise artistic minded people

Glad you're already taking queues from other artist here! I hope you post some of your work soon, so that we may be inspired in turn, cheers!