Thread: WIP Eldris -- Map a plan to use in a D&D game next year

Wip WIP Eldris -- Map a plan to use in a D&D game next year

thumbnail_IMG_5152.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5153.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5154.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5155.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5156.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5157.jpg

A map of the world of Eldris, a new campaign setting I'm working on to run next year for 5e D&D. I included the whole map and then some closer pictures of the various regions due to low visibility of all of the words because of lighting and pencil use etc.

A suppose as a disclaimer I should mention that I intend to stay paper pencil and ink out in brown and give a couple of coats of watered down brown acrylic to make the map look aged. I'm just looking for some opinions before I do anything permanent, as I am no expert; only about a year or so of experience under my belt. the paper I'm using is quite large (36x54) so excuse me poking out in the background as I had to hold my phone up at times to get a decent picture of the region I wanted.

Side note, I am no calligrapher, but I try real hard to be.

These are looking pretty good for a rough sketch.

The river police are going to book you for this one though. Generally rivers run from the highest point, out to the ocean/sea. On a couple of instances, you have the rivers splitting as they head out to sea, which never happens in nature. You got it right on Alcanzar though. The best way it was ever described to me, was it is like a tree, the branches at the top join together as they progress towards the lower points in terrain, eventually forming the main river (the trunk) as it exits to the ocean/sea.

Hope this helps, cheers!

IR