Thread: Mirro- First Map Posting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First of all, welcome to the Guild!

This is a really nice piece for a first post, well done! You have a clear and neat style, and the map is easy to read. I especially like the shading effect on the coastlines and the design of your compass rose.
    The rivers on this map break all the rules, though, beware the River Police! We have an extremely useful sticky thread on how to get your water flowing correctly, which I wholeheartedly recommend to all folks at the start of their mapping journeys. Have look through if you like. But the short and sweet version is essentially that your rivers should always start from high ground and run towards the sea. Large rivers generally have smaller ones joining them on their way to the coast, but they very rarely split after they've come together, and practically always have only outlet that makes it to the sea. Rivers running from coast to coast are a definite no-no.

Other than the river issues (and this is something almost every beginner has trouble with) I really like your map. I hope we get to see more from you!
    Last edited by Kellerica; 04-15-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.