Thread: Euran - Novel Map

Post Euran - Novel Map

As a writer, has arrived the moment that I need a map for my novel, so I researched a lot on this forum, and thank you all for this, and I found a new passion: make maps!
    So that's my first map of all, the map of my own novel. I hope you enjoy it!

If you have any suggestions please let me know!!

btw English is not my first language so if the text has something wrong, I'm sorry

Attached Images Attached Images

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That is a really cool first map. The colors along the coastline are great! I also like the shape of the coastlines.
    Only suggestion, depending on how realistic you want your maps to be, is to check out this thread. Generally if you have rivers/lakes (and I am assuming here that those are rivers on the map, not channels crossing it), they only go from 1 high area to a low area, and thus lakes only have one exit. Again though, there are exceptions and this is only to connect real world geography into the maps. On the whole the map is amazing!
    Last edited by Arimel; 04-18-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    That is a really cool first map. The colors along the coastline are great! I also like the shape of the coastlines.
    Only suggestion, depending on how realistic you want your maps to be, is to check out this thread. Generally if you have rivers/lakes (and I am assuming here that those are rivers on the map, not channels crossing it), they only go from 1 high area to a low area, and thus lakes only have one exit. Again though, there are exceptions and this is only to connect real world geography into the maps. On the whole the map is amazing!
    Thank you!

Aside from the small issues with rivers that Arimel already pointed out, this is a really kick-ass first map! I wish my first map had looked this good. The linework is good and I really enjoy the color scheme, there's some great texture to the ocean too. Just a really nice first map, I hope we get to see more of what you make. Have some rep, and welcome to the Guild!

Ps. Plenty of us here who speak English as a second language, myself included, so worry not!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Really thank you, Kellerica! Your work is amazing and a inspiration for me. I'm so happy that you liked my map OMG

Yeah I'm with Kellerica, this is a fantastic first piece! Definitely one to be proud of. Welcome to the Guild and hope to see more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Yeah I'm with Kellerica, this is a fantastic first piece! Definitely one to be proud of. Welcome to the Guild and hope to see more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you!!
    It mean a lot to me, I'm already on work in mi next map