Thread: Hey There Everybody!

Post Hey There Everybody!

Hi everyone, Anvil here! This is my third time rewriting this post as the forums insist on logging me out every time I hit Submit. Ah well, penance I suppose. I've been lurking around for longer than I can remember, enjoying everyone's amazing creations. Maps and cartography are passions of mine, particularly in fantasy settings such as those championed on this site. That interest comes from my hobbies of writing and general world-building, and I've worked on a few different settings over the years. One of those was even a commercial enterprise for some time, though I suppose some might argue that it is still. Recently I decided it was time to dust off some of those old projects and get serious, but I'm an engineer by trade and despite my passions I know little about the digital map-making process. So now I've come out of the shadows to get wise on the commissioning process and at least end up with something fun for my office wall. Or perhaps, with tremendous upcoming effort and no small amount of luck, something more.

I've been going by this handle or a slightly longer variation for nearly my entire internet career, so I suppose there's a nonzero chance someone might recognize me. If you do think you know me, give me a shout! I'd love to reconnect and chat about the good old days. Either way, glad to finally be here, and I'm hoping I can find some way to contribute too!

-Anvil

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hi Anvil, welcome to the Guild! Glad you decided to come in out of the shadows