Thread: Autumn in the Lands of Tyl'Rhiegys

Default Autumn in the Lands of Tyl'Rhiegys

Greetings Cartogaphers!

Tyl'Rhiegys is renowned throughout the world for the blazing autumn colors of it's great forests. In face it is often known as "The Autumn Kingdom," an appellation which is become far to metaphorically poignant for the rules of this land's formerly great cities. Each Autumn the fiery colors seems to more and more mirror the growing seismic threat that destroyed the powerfully Phraetian empire centuries ago. Tyl'Rhiegys could be The Autumn Kingdom, or simply a kingdom in its Autumn...

For this map I wanted to see how quickly I could assemble a piece that I was really pleased with based on some techniques I used to create the inset map of Cinzienne (my previous project), and the feedback I got on that piece. I think this one came out nicely. I don't think the glows on the text are perfect, but the fonts themselves are much crisper.

Thanks in particular to MistyBee and Gidde, who offered some great advice on how to improve the aesthetic of my text layers when saving for web.

Tyl-Rhiegys_Web3.png

I really like the colors of this one, the autumn shades create a nice look combined with the greens and blues. I love the rhumb lines, and the compass is a wonderful detail in all its simplicity!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is a real beauty!

Nice feel with these golden forests !

I love an autumn map! Great job.