Thread: Burnout?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I myself like to be inspired when I'm mapping and at times that can be a challenge, especially if I'm not that "into" what I'm working on. So, my advice is to work on something small that you can finish quickly and you would be interested in. Perhaps a deserted island for instance, or a one man space ship. Usually, if I start something small I end up going way beyond after I get rolling. That first line or stroke seems to be the key.

It could also be you need to do something other than mapping. Try going for a hike, or doing something physical. Perhaps you already do that but if not sometimes just do something opposite of sitting and drawing you will find your energy levels get reset.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Of course it's different for everyone, but what used to work for me was to draw something ridiculous and not try to be too serious. Don't start with anything too big, just a quick project and and try to draw some fantasy thing that amuses you. If you are not having fun than what's the point.

At least that would work because I draw by hand which gives me freedom to do what I want, I'm not sure if you use some programs for map making or not.