Thread: Sunset City Modern Map

Map Sunset City Modern Map

I wanted to do a more modern map in the style of Grand Theft Auto. I love the colors of the GTA maps. This map is 24 inches in actual size, I also wanted to make it a suitable size for printing, perhaps for use in RPG campaigns or something like that. The map is available for purchase, I figure you can PM me since I don't know the rules on that.

I started making the main roads in Illustrator so I could get smooth connections, sizing, and the double stroke. Once I had the main roads, I added the smaller pathways and parking lots, then I added in the buildings. Both of those I did in Photoshop since I work quicker there. Last thing, I added the grid overlay. I debated on whether or not to add that, since the map is pretty busy already. All in all, this took me about 4 hours to complete last night.

sunset_city_map_modern.png
    Be legendary.
    My game assets and maps at Icon Dungeon

I see what you mean about the colors; the scheme is indeed absolutely gorgeous. I really like the way this looks.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you, I really love bright yellows and oranges on dark grey and blue. Now that I go back and look at the map that inspired this, I realize there are a few things I could have done differently. All in all, though, this was a fun one.
    Be legendary.
    My game assets and maps at Icon Dungeon

I really like this and have been pondering a similar project for practice in Illustrator; thanks for the explanation on how you created this!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

It's great to see a map in this style! I suck at GTA but always love studying the map while other people play.

Find me on
    DeviantArt

I'm a big fan of amber colour schemes myself as well.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.