Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

I find myself using both together. I have a Wacom Bamboo. It's small and sometimes a bit rough drawing long lines in one stroke, but I've got used to it. I'm relearning how to use my Bamboo and finding that the more I find out about how to better use my photoshop the more I love my tablet. That being said, I have used a mouse more and I'm for sure more comfortable with it. I feel that it all depends on preference, and there is no right or wrong when it comes to art.

So I guess my tip would be if you get a tablet, I'd watch tutorials on how to color, draw and all that before jumping in. I have fellow artists that were frustrated at first until they got the hang of using one.

I pretty much only bought my 6th gen iPad because I had seen a few tutorials on using Procreate, and it looked great. With the Pencil as well, it's all I was looking for. I mean, I haven't tried anything else, of course, but for me the power-trio of the app, tablet and stylus is all I needed to start flying. I like in particular being able to use the "Pencil brush" for a quick sketch, and then trace over more finely with a pen. It's really great now too with split-screen view for references (or just importing references into procreate directly).