Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hi I am brand new to map making, I've managed about 3 so far and I'm really inspired by the maps and content on here.

At the moment it's just pencils and paper for me as I learn what it all means and get my head back around using forums. Hopefully my posts will get more interesting after this one!

Welcome to the guild Hardacre,
    I hope we will see some of your work soon (I love ink and paper maps) =D

Quote Originally Posted by Cédric H. View Post
    Welcome to the guild Hardacre,
    I hope we will see some of your work soon (I love ink and paper maps) =D
    Thanks Cédric, the challenge was to sign up and add one map. I hope to get a basic version of my attempt at the Sisters challenge up soon!

Following Tiana's advice on another intro post I thought I'd add more to mine.

I am very new to mapping but have world built for story setting for a long time. I got drawn in by seeing WASD20 and Questing Beast on YouTube and thought I'd give it a go.

I have good knowledge of Greek and Roman history and some on earlier Assyrian, Sumerian etc if anyone has any questions. As I have no artistic knowledge/experience I expect I'll be asking a lot more questions!

hello hardacre! welcome! feel free to post your maps here as well as your works-in-progress

Ooh, history knowledge should always produce some interesting insight into mapmaking. I look forward to seeing more from you! Glad to have you along!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardacre View Post
    Following Tiana's advice on another intro post I thought I'd add more to mine.

I am very new to mapping but have world built for story setting for a long time. I got drawn in by seeing WASD20 and Questing Beast on YouTube and thought I'd give it a go.

I have good knowledge of Greek and Roman history and some on earlier Assyrian, Sumerian etc if anyone has any questions. As I have no artistic knowledge/experience I expect I'll be asking a lot more questions!
    Hi?

Hope you share some of that Sumarian and Assyrian history, not enough of that gets mentioned! Good stuff.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!