Thread: Town Map and Building Maps - May be a regular gig (Monthly or bi monthly)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I used to work on Fiverr. There are reasons I don't anymore. I know the value of my time and labor, and what I can take on without burning out. Those people on Fiverr doing them for $15 will burn out the same way I did trying to do maps for that price, or, they'll sell mass produced products that aren't custom, or perhaps quick stamp maps made in a program like Inkarnate. Programs like that are limited in customization options, which means, what you want isn't easily doable for that kind of budget. You might find someone on Fiverr who'll take it. You might even get a good result, but sometimes you won't. I tried commissioning a couple of times through Fiverr and one went okay and some went poorly because people getting less than a livable wage give less than impressive services. YMMV. I got a nice song on Fiverr but never did receive my eraser stamps.

I gave you several things you could play with for free.

Anyway, there's no sense fussing about it. Sometimes people DO accept cheap commissions on here. Us pros will fuss and decline and provide you with alternatives to our time, but sometimes people get lucky, ya never know, sometimes there are newer artists who just want to do the art for the art's sake.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hey Tiana

I appreciate the links that you provided and I found several that can totally work for building maps. I even found a mansion map generator (how random is that).

Thanks for evryone's responses and help. I have done several projects off of fiverr and always had a good result. The key is to find someone that is excited about your project.

Anywho. Thanks to everyone for your advice and the time you took responding.

Erik!