Thread: Hello fellow cartographers and game designers!

Guild Novice

Default Hello fellow cartographers and game designers!

Hello everyone! My name is Ron Halliday, I am a professional cartographer and also a board game designer. I've been making maps since 1994 when I enrolled in the Digital Cartography program at the College of Geographic Sciences, and I've been making board games since 2005.

Where might you have seen my work? From 1997 to 2004 I ran Portolan Geomatics in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, which focused on maps for the oil and gas industry but also for biologists and environmental assessment companies. Then I moved to South America and have been here ever since. If anyone visited Lima, Peru between 2012 and 2016 you might have picked up a copy of LIMAP or BioMapa, approximately 500,000 copies were printed over that time.

As for my board game career, that started in 2015. I have signed four games, of which one has been published and one is currently on Kickstarter. And it's my first game with a map! It's called Seven Bridges, and it's about the famous Seven Bridges of Königsberg. I'll discuss it in other forums.

hello ron! welcome to the forum~ i love board games so i look very forward to seeing your work.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    hello ron! welcome to the forum~ i love board games so i look very forward to seeing your work.
    Awesome! I'm going to start posting about one of my map games this week.

Man, I lived in Alberta, Canada during that time period and my dad worked for an oil/gas company. We had at least one map in the house from Pyramid Electric, and I would not be shocked if I saw some of your maps in passing. Welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!