Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
Wow... You can't use their Drift Drive... the copyrighted a fantasy engine. What's next... Is star wars going to copyright hyperdrive? or star trek going to copyright Warp drive?? That's crazy ... I don't think that should be legal...

Del

There's a bunch of people on Etsy who just resell prints or like, leather wallets or shirts or whatever, of the Lord of the Rings map. Should they be? Probably not. But most artist alleys are full of fanart being used as income tools and cartography also contains its fair share of its fanart properties.

It's a little iffier with the D&D property because some of it is permissible to be printed on Drive Thru RPG's sister, the DM Guild. If that's where they're planning to sell it, they may be entirely in the clear if that's one of the included lores. However, they only allow a certain few and I don't know them off-hand or the associated worldbuilding well enough to know if Faerun falls into that category. [/low nerd cred but heyyyy Star Wars meme am I right eh eh (finger guns)]