Thread: Realm Of The ShadowKing - 3d iso modular

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the models, but the thing that really sells it is the nice lighting and very crisp looking texturing.

-------------------If you are interested with nitpicking from strangers read on, if not, ignore the rest.----------------------
    With the the large floor tile pieces you have to be careful because it takes fewer of them before it starts looking very repetitive (as in a copied texture). There are is a minor issue with the seams where the modular pieces go together, in the straight pieces the tile grooves get a bit tight looking in comparison to the rest of the texture (r in some cases blend in), and with the diagonal corner pieces the tiles blend into kind of unrealistic tile shapes. That said I don't think it's really very noticeable or ultimately really that important, and wouldn't really affect anyone using these models. I've seen far more egregious fudging in big budget CGI.

Default Update

Hi all,
    I switched to more classic 2d (plus forced perspective) view and I've made bunch of tiles, enough to make a nice dungeon..
    Please comment, would you use this? Could you use this? What would you change? What would you add to make it more usable?
    I'm planning on making few types of doors, traps, crates, chests, tables, shelves... to go with it next..

Thanks
    RealmOfTheShadowKing2D_tiles01.png

RealmOfTheShadowKing2D_SampleDungeon.png