Thread: Town of Waypoint: By Jared Blando

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh, great to see your style on a modern universe !
    I don't really agree with my fellows regarding the perspective : top-down buildings and perspective geography on the same map are something very common since the beginning of historical map making and I'm accustomed to it. It's one of those situations where you need something symbolic more than something accurate, in my opinion, and in this context, it strengthen the importance of the buildings, while giving rough information about the general landscapes around
    Good job as always, Jared !!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I don't really agree with my fellows regarding the perspective : top-down buildings and perspective geography on the same map are something very common since the beginning of historical map making and I'm accustomed to it. It's one of those situations where you need something symbolic more than something accurate, in my opinion, and in this context, it strengthen the importance of the buildings, while giving rough information about the general landscapes around
    Agree with Bee here. It definitely is a contrast and I think it's more unusual in general to see side-on mountains in sci-fi maps, but it makes the buildings pop out more and makes for a very unique piece. Overall, a great looking map!