Thread: Starter

Post Starter

Hey.

I've never really used a world building tool. I've made an account to hopefully make a beautiful world for many of the stories I've written.

Welcome! Glad to have you!

There's plenty of tutorials in the Tutorials/How-To sub forum. It's a solid place to start for newcomers.

Everyone starts somewhere. I recommend starting by taking some paper and drawing some circles and labeling them 'forest' 'castle' 'desert' etc to create an extremely rough layout and then take a tutorial and try fitting the tutorial's idea to your instructions. I started in Photoshop by using Jezelf's tutorial for my very first map, no specialty world building programs required. Welcome.\

The fine dude right above me has an excellent collection of brushes made from historical maps, you could easily make something great with nothing more than those brushes and another forum member, Mouse, has some nice free parchments you could use as a base.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Definitely true that everyone has to start somewhere. But, the Guild is definitely a good place to start. A lot of good tutorials floating around the Tutorial section, which has already been mentioned. And honestly just feel free to post whatever you're working on and everyone is happy to give feedback

See you around!
    - Josh