Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hey, there. I'm just starting with map-making, primarily for a D&D game that I'm running for my wife and some friends. Right now, I'm particularly interested in creating maps that are realistic, in terms of things like physical geography, climate, and human geography. However, I'm also a software developer, so I'm potentially interested in learning about (or maybe contributing to) mapping software.

Mainly, I'm just looking forward to being educated, inspired, and encouraged on this forum. I don't know if mapping will become a primary hobby for me in time or just something I do occasionally, but I'm hopeful to learn a lot and enjoy the process either way.

First of all, welcome to the Guild! Mapping has a tendency to get addictive, so be warned .

People tend to be more artistic or more scientific when it comes to their maps. But whichever is your bend just be sure to have fun with it and not get too bogged down by the details.

All the best!
    - Josh

I look forward to what you might bring to the world of mapping software! That's always fun.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!