Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish Reconquista

Very nice one, Arimel!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice one, Arimel!
    Thank you Ilanthar!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice work as a historian! Congratulations on the research! I also like the very fine, very detailed aspect of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice work as a historian! Congratulations on the research! I also like the very fine, very detailed aspect of the map.
    Thank you very much -Jo-! Mixing history and maps is about as good as it can get!

This takes me back to days in high school history classes where I'd often spend my downtime just looking through the textbook's maps. One map can often convey just as much as a whole page full of information. This particular map is even better than a lot of those you see in official texts.

I've just finished watching a video series on YouTube about the Reconquista so it's neat to see it in map form. Your map is much nicer than the ones in the video too.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

That's a really nice one ! Combining historical data to a somewhat fantasy visual is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Eklipse View Post
    This takes me back to days in high school history classes where I'd often spend my downtime just looking through the textbook's maps. One map can often convey just as much as a whole page full of information. This particular map is even better than a lot of those you see in official texts.
    An image is worth a thousand words, and a map two thousand! I found myself doing the same in history class. The WW1/WW2 battle maps in particular were interesting to study and see the routes that the forces took.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I've just finished watching a video series on YouTube about the Reconquista so it's neat to see it in map form. Your map is much nicer than the ones in the video too.
    Before I started this project I knew next to nothing about the reconquista so it was a huge learning experience in that regard. It was/is very fascinating. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    That's a really nice one ! Combining historical data to a somewhat fantasy visual is wonderful
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12