Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hello all,

A complete newcomer to these kind of art creations and looking forward to learn more (and hopefully improve).

Came into contact with D&D (5E) about a year and a few months ago and have had the itch to make a homebrew setting for a short while now.
    Already at the start of a third iteration of my creation and I hope with the new approach I will be content enough to proceed 100%. I plan to make a separate thread in the Regional/World Mapping showing off my progress and ask for advice when needed!

My tools of the trade are GIMP paired with a Wacom Intuos S, really loving it so far. A massive improvement from using the mouse.
    I wish I could make nice hand drawn maps, but due to slightly unstable hands I prefer to do it digitally... Ctrl + Z is much cleaner than an eraser

hello and welcome to the guild! i much prefer ctrl+z to an eraser as well

Quote Originally Posted by cscbengtsson View Post
    I wish I could make nice hand drawn maps, but due to slightly unstable hands I prefer to do it digitally... Ctrl + Z is much cleaner than an eraser
    Tha makes two of us Ctrl+Z is such a life saver, I can't imagine the horror of doing art without it anymore. It's funny, I'm so used to using it now, that sometimes when I'm writing down things the old fashioned way and make a mistake, my left-hand fingers instinctively twitch closer to the Ctrl+Z position until my brain catches up and realises I'm not working digitally

Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome to the Guild! And hey, just because it is drawn digitially doesn’t mean it’s not hand-drawn. I don’t have the steadiest hands either so I understand where you’re coming from. Excited to see what you’re working on though, and welcome again!

- Josh