Quote Originally Posted by Tiachren View Post
Hello everyone! I paint with Krita, I also have GIMP and I am currently doing a world map in as digital painting as appose to an ink drawn map, in the style where are looking straight down at everything (I am not sure what the right term for that is).

Does anyone know of or have any resources that can help me achieve painting a map in this way?

Even reference pictures of painted maps would be amazing! So far I have been making it up as I went along so improvement has been slow.

I would every much recommend, perusing this forum, looking at the numerous award winning pieces, also Deviantart. Find a artist or style and emulate, read/watch tutorials. But mostly find a style, high fantasy, super realistic and everything in between and practice, this forum nd its member sport such a wide variety of artistic styles, you will find some type or style and make it your own.

Honestly what is really helping me as I am not a painter or illustrator my talents with digital art as a far from cartography as you an get, but there is something thats make me want to get better.