Thread: Mar/April '20 Lite Challenge: The cursed shores of Ihuicatl

Wip Mar/April '20 Lite Challenge: The cursed shores of Ihuicatl

After a long hiatus in map making due to work, life (baby boy keeps me busy) and other hobbies, I though the lite challenge might be a good way back into a habit of drawing.

I went for a classical theme and focused more on changing up my technique: all hand-drawn, fine-liner and graphite pen, more emphasise on open space.

The format is also interesting/challenging: It is one of these artist trading cards and if I find the time tomorrow I may even add a second part to the island, so basically those could be modular map cards for RPG's or wargaming. Pencil for scale in the WIP.

Good luck to the other contenders (pretty good stuff posted already).

IMG_20200413_225747.jpg

Welcome to the challenge DaggerAndBrush! Surprising amount of detail on such a small medium!

I am not sure if I can finish a second one (if not I will feature it in the finished map section after the contest) tonight.

I thought of a coffee wash for the first one and maybe some slight alterations to the linework.

That said below the latest WIP, that might well be the final version.

###LATEST WIP###

IMG_20200413_225435.jpg

A last close-up picture. I didn't manage to finish the second one, but I will keep at it.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images