Thread: Qwoldestef—A new world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is very creative and beautifully realized. Assuming erosion works on this world, it is heading for a future of being an island chain. What will happen to Nomest culture then? I also wonder what effects this geography would have on realistic climate. Probably best that this is a fantasy world and you can avoid having to dive deep into that kind of issue.

You have an "it's" for "its" error in the first paragraph.

I especially liked the history of the concept of the center of world. It would also be interesting to consider the huge changes that would have appeared when someone first figured out that you could take a ship over a fairly short distance to travel to a once very-distant land and trade, war, diplomacy, and every other form of relationship between peoples was shaken up.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    This is very creative and beautifully realized. Assuming erosion works on this world, it is heading for a future of being an island chain. What will happen to Nomest culture then? I also wonder what effects this geography would have on realistic climate. Probably best that this is a fantasy world and you can avoid having to dive deep into that kind of issue.

You have an "it's" for "its" error in the first paragraph.

I especially liked the history of the concept of the center of world. It would also be interesting to consider the huge changes that would have appeared when someone first figured out that you could take a ship over a fairly short distance to travel to a once very-distant land and trade, war, diplomacy, and every other form of relationship between peoples was shaken up.
    I love all of these thoughts. Thank you. I'd love to figure out the climate thing. For now I just made stuff up, but if you have suggestions on how I could go about figuring it out, I'm all ears.

Perhaps there needs to be at least one bridge somewhere just to be able to include the idea of the Nomest coping with the reality of change. I haven't decided about the ocean voyage, but I'm having a lot of fun mulling it over.

And THANKS for the grammar check!

Guild Member

Love this concept! One of the most creative I've come across. Good work! Thanks for sharing.

What a fun and creative concept! And even more creative form of presentation. Kinda reminds me of roman itinerarium's (road maps), where geographical accuracy was thrown on to the wayside in favour of pratical travel reference.

Not necessarily the same thing here, but that "unravelling" of the spiral reminded me of it.