Thread: Mar/April '20 Lite Challenge: Deefrôst Cave

Default Mar/April '20 Lite Challenge: Deefrôst Cave

Oh well.

Trying again, to run for a challenge, trying to respect and meet the end of it.
    Hoping this is the right one i don't miss the deadline as I did for my last entry.

My entry today is pretty simple.
    i'm still thinking about if going with colors, what style to use and how to grow this project.
    My idea is to create a small dungeon-cave based in a very very very cold place.

BASE 1 OK.jpg
    This is where I started for, just to have a base of a room to fill.

Actually, as said, i have NO CLUE, of what to do art-wise... If to keep it as a lineart, if go for a cartoony map or a realistic on. I guess just time and "hype" will tell. Of course I unlit very soon, so let's see.
    BTW, this is where I am at:

### Latest WIP ###
    BASE 5 OK.jpg
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Oh yes, you will "get" the "magical" part of it, maybe on a further point, I don't want to spoiler it now.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

### Latest WIP ###
    base 7.jpg

is it even getting clear? lol

### Latest WIP ###
    Base 8.jpg

Enough for today.

now I need to decide to go for colors.

But it seems something is totally off and i can get what.

Welcome to the challenge Ren! You've mad a lot of progress in a short time. About 10 days to go, at this rate you should have no problem finishing!

Guild Artisan

Looks good Ren. Love the layout and the paper frame, etc.

Regarding the colors, if I am reading it right. There is a lake, or river underground. I might suggest on the areas that represent ground, going a little greener to separate it from the underground water(Assuming all the caves aren't under water to begin with)

I think the colors are close though.

Hello guys! Thank you for your feedback!

Well, the idea is of a cave under a snowy mountain.
    I immagine it to be like iced everywhere, ecception when you enter and go deeper as the luminescent "core" in the water (yes, there is water in the righ hand side...) is warming everything, re-creating a warm and "oasi-like" place.

I feel everything flat.
    But i'm afraid to go with detailed shading as I am afraid of going step on a fake and too artificial 3D looking "sort of thing" lol.

So i'm thinking of having strong (VERY STRONG) colours instead.

I might change my mind ten times before my go.
    So..That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    I might change my mind ten times before my go.

I think it looks great as it is now. Take your time, if you dont finish it for the challenge, you can any time.

This is true Levtrona. I'm just afraid to leave it behind forever.
    Fact is i feel itisoff for something, so i really need to understand where to apply to change it.

Ty everyone

Pretty nice start, very organic lineart and the base colors you already have are really pleasant.