Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Are you asking how big does the bitmap and scale need to be for the new 18,000km continent ? Or is this more about how do you do it in Wondercraft via the menus it has ?

It would seem to me that if you make a map that just fit this continent on it and it too was 8000 pixels wide then each pixel is 2.25km wide and that a 2000 pixel scale will be 4500km.

Bear in mind all of these scales and measurements are valid only for the equator. If you have a globe then it depends on what kind of projection your using as to how that maps to the pixel scale at any point. For example, with a usual Mercator projection then the distance at the poles is very small so now you have "very small" / 8000 km/pixel values.

It is also more normal to have a 2:1 ratio map for globes with a Mercator projection since there is +90 at the north pole and -90 at the south pole. But full west is -180 and full east is +180 in degrees. So you have 360 left/right to 180 up/down or 2:1 for equal angles/pixel of longitude and latitude.
I use wonderdraft. Can you tell me what is the formula I can use to calculate what the selected map area's distances will be depending on the zoom ratio I chose? For example I have an 8000x8000pixel map and I choose a 4000pixel width area and I zoom with 2x ratio so the chose area will be presented in 8000x8000pixel (I chose the are with create a detailed map option from wonderdraft menu).How can I calculate the size of each pixel in the new map(in the original 1pixel=5km). Also how do create a new consistent graphic scale for the new zoomed map?