Thread: Star Wars Freighter Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

I would suggest an airlock on your environmentally controlled bays, and then put a unit beside them with a "Temperature Gage" basically a Red/Blue gradient that you can then place a marker on to say what you currently have the bay at. Basically a box 2 tiles tall and 1 tile long, flush up against the wall by the airlock door.

Also there appears to be a random space behind those bays that isn't hidden, but is too narrow to use for anything. Is that suppose to be there?

I posted something that might work for the glow around the recessed cargo lift.

I used a rectangle select the size of the lift (inside the warning band) , added a new layer and filled selected area with black. Invert select and filled with white. Inverted selection again and saved selection to channel. Removed selection and then Gaussian blur (100 in example) and applied inverted mask to layer. Then with color>levels adjusted the dark to match the background.

at least that is what I think I did I forgot to save the gimp file after saving the attachment jpg.

:edit: you might want to look through this link for a tutorial on layer masks by JfrazierJR http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3143
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Korash; 12-28-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added a link
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent