Thread: June/July '20 Lite Challenge: The Riverland

Map June/July '20 Lite Challenge: The Riverland

I have to admit I saw this challenge on the last possible day. But this was way too fun challenge not to take part, and luckily I had time for one small map.

The Riverland is a mystical land, hidden behind deep forests. The Riverland is full of rivers, and more importantly, odd rivers. This map tries to depict all the curiosities of hydrology happening there. The Riverland is not densely populated, there are just two towns, Meander City and Stream Town. People of the Riverland has been trying to find the best waterway to travel between those two cities, but in the end it proved impossible, so the people decided to built a road. Confused by the devious rivers, the road makes some meanders too, and it's drawn to the map as accurately as possible.

Handdrawn with Micron pens and Promarkers, 17 x 17 cm (7" x 7").

### Latest WIP ###Riverland1_Orbigraphia.jpg

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm eligible to take part. The rules don't mention Atlas Awards, but I guess they could mention. I can leave out if it's the best.
    Last edited by Meton; 07-14-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia

Welcome to the Challenge Meton. Great map, exactly on theme!

The Atlas Award may be a dis-qualifier in the future, but at this time it is not, so you are more than welcome to be here.