Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Update on Akanrias

As a bit of a status update on the project, I've mostly been working on updating the coastline of Menorias (northern portion of Eocidar), but not quite finished with that. However, I did get sidetracked a bit and ended up working on the long-planned update on Akanrias. There's been some adjustment of the coastlines and elevations, incorporating most of the feedback received on the subcontinent (the Ingilo region is much "flatter" now and in general elevations have been toned down a bit in the older, heavily eroded portions of the subcontinent). I also reworked the Great Akanrian Trough a bit, so a greater portion is now submerged. Another area that received a major update is the East Akanrian Fault Complex (EAFC), which has been realigned and repositioned to match the updated tectonic model. As a part of this update, the eastern fold belts have also been adjusted.

I thought it might be interesting to compare the subcontinent back in 2018 when I first started to work on the greyscale elevation map with the current iteration:
    Akanrias Original.PNG Akanrias Updated.PNG

I must admit that I shudder a bit to look at the older version of Aduhr, which is probably a good sign (since it means there's been progress ). So although the elevation map is a very time consuming project, one can't help but feel a degree of satisfaction when looking at the difference between the two maps (that is, before everyone posts that they actually prefer the old version). Anyway, that's it for this update, comments are welcome as usual, and hopefully I'll have an update on Menorias in the not-too-far-out future.

Edit:
    Apparently I drew the EAFC as a dextral (right-lateral) transform fault here (it should actually be sinistral like in the original map of the tectonic features).
    Last edited by Charerg; 07-31-2020 at 08:36 AM.