Thread: September 2020 Challenge: Bureaucracy Tower

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking at the map again, I just had a small thought about strategy that I think you have to incorporate. The tower is so tall that it needs stabilizing cables down to the ground, but that makes those stabilizing cables a massive weak point for the defensibility of the tower itself. After all, the only thing a rogue driver with too many points on his license needs to do is go to one of those anchor points and place a small bomb, then the next gust of wind will blow the DMV over. I think therefore that you need to put some little earthworks and gun emplacements around those anchor points as well. Nothing big or ostentatious, but enough to let the would-be drivers know who's boss.

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Looking at the map again, I just had a small thought about strategy that I think you have to incorporate. The tower is so tall that it needs stabilizing cables down to the ground, but that makes those stabilizing cables a massive weak point for the defensibility of the tower itself. After all, the only thing a rogue driver with too many points on his license needs to do is go to one of those anchor points and place a small bomb, then the next gust of wind will blow the DMV over. I think therefore that you need to put some little earthworks and gun emplacements around those anchor points as well. Nothing big or ostentatious, but enough to let the would-be drivers know who's boss.
    That is a very good point, thank you.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt