Thread: Sep/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: Swamp Village at Night

Default Sep/Oct '20 Lite Challenge: Swamp Village at Night

So this is my first time participating in this jazz. I've tried something other than a topographic map for once as I think topographically displaying low lying land, aka. swamps, is fairly boring. So here goes nothing! I present: a doodle of a primitive african village in a swamp delta in the middle of nowhere. Inspired by a real place; the Okavango Delta in Botswana. (I hope by this submission I do not shame myself and my entire family for this life and generations to come)

### Latest WIP ###
    Something in a Swamp-01.jpg

P.S.: Am I still within the deadline?
    Last edited by Bogie; 10-10-2020 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Wrong upload

Yes you are still within the deadline. If you read through the challenge prompt (sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum) it lists all the pertinent information for the challenge. As for shaming yourself (or family and so on) I don't think you have to worry about that. Win, lose, or draw, these challenges are meant to promote the idea of stepping outside your comfort zone every once in a while and try something new. In your case (wanting to take on commissions at some point) that can be a good thing because it will, eventually, broaden your prospects.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Welcome to the Challenge Mexikorn! You are fine, you can enter right up until the last minute. ( I think the original rules placed some sort of deadline, but we haven't paid attention to that in a long time)

Nice illustration, colorful style! I did add the WIP hashtag for you. It is necessary for the voting process. There is a WIP icon that can add it for you.