Thread: The Köppen–Geiger climate classification made simpler (I hope so)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The current implementation doesn't tolerate any "off-colour" pixels at all (transparent or otherwise), which was the cause of the error. Though the matter is a bit more complicated, because apparently the script itself could paint the ocean in the wrong colour if you happened to have your opacity set at something other than 100% when running the script.

Anyway, I think I managed to figure this out now. I added a new line to the script that sets the opacity at 100% before painting the ocean and also new checks have been added so the script now tolerates off-colour pixels (it now assumes temperature to be 0° C and precipitation 1,0 mm if the colour is off). I'll post the updated version soon, once I've tested it a bit more with your source maps to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Edit:
    Though I'd suggest making the maps a bit smaller than 22500x11250 for the new script, that could take a long while to process .

Edit2:
    Ok, the script has now been updated (see post #555 for the updated version).
    Last edited by Charerg; 10-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.