Thread: Thievestown - Boardgame Commission

Default Thievestown - Boardgame Commission

Hello folks,

Here's a piece I made for an upcoming boardgame, it will be launched on kickstarter next year.
    I was asked to draw a map of a medieval city with a warm vibe, without tiny details that could distract too much (that's why I didn't draw the roofs).
    On top of that will be placed an additional game layout for tokens and cards spaces, so most of the map will be covered.
    Drawing the city was fastes than I though and extremely relaxing , I'm just not fond of the logo/title, but it was a specific request.

Thievestown.jpg

Enjoy.

Looks like a pretty good map to play in. It's clear and the colour palette is very pleasant.

A solid look here. It looks a bit empty to my eye, without that many details or labels, but when I consider the intended use and the fact that 'not too distracting' was the thing that was asked for, I think you succeeded well. I like the colours and the subltle elevations. The only thing that bothers me a bit is how some of the outskirts and one corner of the map go just a tiny bit beyond the border.

Nice to see you posting again!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Nice. I think you nailed the brief. The map on it's own looks pretty cohesive and aesthetic, which actually makes me wish for a more developed map, but c'est la vie.

Nice work! The warm colours are working well and the general look is very good.