Thread: My first fantasy map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A very unique style you have, looks cool. I like how the mountains and coasts look, and I find it interesting that you'd make the lineart in Illustrator and only shade with Photoshop. I definitely do everything with PS when it comes to mapping. The colour version in particular looks nice, but I like how the little silhoutte animals look in the B/W one. Both I think work.

As for critique, I personally am not a huge fan of the portraits. They layout looks nice enough, but the detailed 3D renders in full colour don't really go with the style of the map, in my opinion. The trees could maybe also use some variation, they all look pretty identical at least to my eye.

A very nice first map. You should fit in well around here! Have some rep, and welcome to the Guild Need anything, just say the word.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Discuss Thank you Kellerica

Thank you very much for the feedback Kellerica, i love your maps.
    I have more control over the line in illustrator. I just started to use the drawing tablet in Photoshop and is a bit hard to do the lines very clean. I am practicing in Photoshop and soon i hope i will add a map, i think is easier in Photoshop.
    All the trees are the same and need variation i will keep that in mind and the portraits are not from this image maybe i will do drawings next time
    Thank you for encouraging me i will add more maps