Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
Don't be afraid of color! Let others wallow in the darkness of grungy, shadowy maps. If your soul sings in the brightness, let that be your path!
YES! Thanks for your words, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Flawed-Menagerie View Post
I love the way you stylized your mountains and farmlands. Also the colour choice while not common I think tells a story about the sort of culture that might be present on this island. <3 also the wiggly compass rose is so fun.

I've been using designer lately as well something can definitely said for the way they lay that software out I agree its fun and isn't as nearly as costly as adobe.

Did you experiment with or flop over to the pixel persona mode at all for this map or was that something you only did in inkscape? Ah nevermind I misread.
Yeah, it was only Inkscape for this map. I do love the pixel persona in Designer, though. For me, it's a great combination of raster & vector and it ticks a lot of boxes. Just one example... in this particular map, I struggled a little with the base of the mountains, where there's a fairly harsh transition between the grey-ish colour of the mountains and the green base shade of the land. I created some blurs just to blend it a little, but it's time consuming and the results aren't as good as I'd like. In Designer, you can just slap down some paint at the base of the mountains & blend it with the smudge tool. It's so easy and quick. And if I need something more complex, I love how you can seamlessly open the file in Photo for the better tools there.

At the risk of sounding like an advert for Affinity, if anyone was thinking about buying Photo or Designer, they just announced their Black Friday sale where you can get 30% off, see here: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/store/

Quote Originally Posted by The Elderly Cartographer View Post
I used Inkscape for my logo. I liked the user experience, but never imagined it was versatile enough to make a map. lol.

Magnificent job and lovely color tone!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it.