Thread: Free map assets!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll be honest, the cow looks like chicken haha. Fried chicken. Both barnyard animals, close enough.
    I'm sure these will be useful for people!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I'll be honest, the cow looks like chicken haha. Fried chicken. Both barnyard animals, close enough.
    I'm sure these will be useful for people!
    Thanks, fellow Winnipegger. I'm sure some will be useful though less likely for you, I don't think you do battlemaps? But if you do by all means help yourself.

I'll be honest I just saw it in a drone stock photo that I was using to get the burnt building top texture on Bogie's map, and recognized it was a critter, not my cow, XD so maybe it is a chicken, but given the scale I'm pretty sure it's a cow or maybe a sheep that's been sheered...

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Very Nice. Great Collection. Love the paint pots.

And a reminder I really need to get up in the air and take some photos of my horses. I have been wanting to do that for years now.
    That would be quite useful and something many people can't obtain! Try getting a cheap 'selfie drone' or a uh, selfie stick might do it?

I just couldn't find suitable pieces for an art room so I made them myself. The paint pot was easy, I just used an airbrush and drew 3 layers of color to shade the paint blobs and then retinted that color layer for each alternative color of paint. Since I masked it to the color shape it was easy to make several versions.

I also feel like there's a chronic lack of curtains to pick from, so after I made the initial one I wanted to use (blue) I just couldn't stop making minor variations on it. I didn't have the stamina to also pair that with the options for the rod coloration but eh if someone wants to use the alternative rod colors they can just stack them.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Thanks, fellow Winnipegger. I'm sure some will be useful though less likely for you, I don't think you do battlemaps? But if you do by all means help yourself.

I'll be honest I just saw it in a drone stock photo that I was using to get the burnt building top texture on Bogie's map, and recognized it was a critter, not my cow, XD so maybe it is a chicken, but given the scale I'm pretty sure it's a cow or maybe a sheep that's been sheered...
    Yeah, I've never ventured into the realm of battlemaps..
    With the scale and some farm fields, definitely looks like a cow.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Yeah, I've never ventured into the realm of battlemaps..
    With the scale and some farm fields, definitely looks like a cow.
    Right, but do use it however you want LOL if that's as a piece of fried chicken, well, can't stop ya.

Battlemaps are the best way to get passive map-related income but commissioners will be generally indie or hoping you'll do it for % agreements rather than willing to drop a few hundred or more on the work. If you're in between work and you want to stir some up, make a generic scene-setting battlemap, drop your URL on it, and post it in DM-centric communities as a freebie. Once you release it, it will leave your control but it may gain eyes you couldn't have found without it, since RPG players and game masters alike may share it around, and hopefully bring you some trickle of interested traffic.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

I'll be honest, the cow looks like chicken haha. Fried chicken.
    Well ... let's not overdo it! But with those bones showing, it certainly looks like they've been underfed and perhaps mistreated too! Time to call in the ASPCA!! What a scandal!!!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

You're welcome, Bogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    Well ... let's not overdo it! But with those bones showing, it certainly looks like they've been underfed and perhaps mistreated too! Time to call in the ASPCA!! What a scandal!!!
    ROFL... I think Josh probably also got Chicken Delight coupons in the mail and has fried chicken on the mind. The brown version does look eerily like the drumstick on a flyer I received not a week prior.

Okay, okay, here's a robust cow so you can get your Joseph and the Technocolor Dreamcoat on. (next month's challenge: do a map related to a musical)

cow, fat.pngcow, white, fat.pngcow, fat, spotted.png

You could say this cow is more beefy.

Assorted seamless textures:
    seamless gold leaf.jpgseamlessstone.jpggreenish ripple on parchment loop.jpgcrystal cave looping fill.jpgsnow and ice loop.jpgcrystal looping fill.jpg
    Last edited by Tiana; 11-26-2020 at 08:00 AM.