Thread: KRITA program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clip Studio Paint also has raster and very strong svg support, but it's paid (not expensive though). Kirta is awesome (as an aside it's got a great cropping tool). When I first got a tablet, Krita worked an absolute beauty. I know that more than a few pros that use it as their main painting tool.

I've tried Affinity Chickpea and was thinking of buying it until I found Krita. My trial period ran out before I could get the hang of it. I've tried GIMP too but I can't seem to get on with it. I find it quite confusing. I didn't know either supported SVG as well as Raster. I'm finding that really useful for making the map icons.
    I put one of the works in progress on a Facebook wargames group I belong to in the hope of getting some of the labels interpreted and was surprised (and quite pleased) at some of the comments as a lot of members thought MY map was an original 1812 one and wanted to know when I would be making them available!
    I'm finding cartography to be a wonderfully relaxing aspect of my hobby. Once I get so that I feel confident enough for the experts to see my work I'll post some on here.