Thread: Terran Consortium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is the first set of System Maps for my Terran Consortium setting. Since they’re meant to serve a dual purpose (gaming and writing), I’m trying to include the pertinent information needed for both purposes rather than making multiple versions of each map. Also, for the purposes of dual usage, I am keeping them very simple and readable. No crazy color schemes, no outrageous fonts, and, ultimately, sized to be printable at 300 dpi on an 11 x 8.5 inch page when I get to that point.

This first “map” is of the Imanshar System (sometimes referred to as Consortium Prime) as a whole.

The Imanshar System is located at the very heart of the Consortium and is the birthplace of Mankind (so far as Mankind knows). As one of the three ternary systems within the Consortium, it is, much as one might suspect, one of the largest population centers, serving as home for approximately 14 billion people.

The system consists of three Main Sequence stars, an F9V orbiting with a G5V/K1V pair (something I mis-represented and will have to fix on the main star chart). There are also 2 significant Space Stations that were established as Mankind colonized the second and third stars of the system. In the real universe/galaxy, it is probably very unlikely that all three of these stars would serve as host for habitable planets, but, this is science fiction, and, thanks to a number of authors, television shows and movies, stretching the boundaries of probability and reality is, at least, moderately acceptable. As for the stellar orbits, there probably needs to be a greater separation between the F9V and G5V/K1V pair, and they probably should have been shown as being more elliptical (not to mention probably inclined to one another), but my math-fu (and several other related -fus) weren’t quite up to the task. I think, however, that I managed to land somewhat within the ballpark with most of the pertinent data and results. I’m still working out how I am going to generate planetary data, and suspect that I am going to have to fall back to something along the lines of WinStar or Astro-synthesis to generate all the data I’ll be needing.

Anyways, here it is.

Imanshar System.jpg

Edit: And just because I want to see how anyone feels about a slightly prettier but not intense for print version...

Imanshar System Alternate.jpg
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 12-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges