Thread: Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Waterfront!

Default Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Waterfront!

Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Waterfront!

Your mission is to map a Waterfront. That could range from a traditional working waterfront with docks & boats and warehouses to a summer camp with a small dock and a swimming beach or a tourist waterfront like Santa Monica Pier with restaurants and roller coasters. It can be in a fantasy setting like Waterdeep harbour, historical like the Port and Lighthouse of Alexandria, modern like New York Harbor, or scifi as in the Corellian Engineering Corp shipyards.

Please remember to title each thread: Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper
    with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at
    voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of February, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her creativity.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses,
    1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, February 14th

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Very interesting topic! I need to brainstorm a bit but I think you can count me in!

Question About the contest: Map aspect and Quality.

First time joining a contest like this one. Hope I have enough time. Does the map have to be scanned / digital? or can it be a picture of it for example, on a table?

Blog Entries

With all (at least I cant think of an exception !) of the competition entries it can be digital or hand made. And if hand made then it can be a photo of the art. But the better its presented the more some people will like it.

They can also be tattooed onto the backs of nuns and photographed.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    They can also be tattooed onto the backs of nuns and photographed.
    **Cough** WaterWorld **Cough**Cough**

Actually the Atol would make a cool map!
    waterworld.jpg

OK, 24 hour warning! I will be starting the voting Sunday night, last chance to finish up any little details you want to add.
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!