Thread: Hello Everyone

Guild Novice

Default Hello Everyone

Hello everybody,
    My name is Mike and I got into designing fantasy maps a couple of years ago. I recently decided to fully commit to this hobby and hone my skills in map design. Ever since I started making fantasy maps my passion for it has grown. I like to do hand drawn sketches of these maps and I've recently got into posting them. I've been hesitant in posting images for everyone to see but I decided that you only live once. I've attached an image of my most recent map project. Let me know what you guys think about it. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Hi Mike, You now hold the record for getting past the moderation period with 5 posts in the shortest time !
    I had not realized you had inverted it. It looked really cool colours to me and I thought that it was like one of those blue print drawings that you get engineering drawings like on Mythbusters and I thought that was a cool concept to use. As an underworld map colour scheme then it also works great.
    Welcome to the guild.

Guild Novice

Default Thank you!

Thank you very much and wow that's awesome haha. I wanted to get past it because I'm very interested in this guild. I didn't know there was such a large community for this type of art. I thought about that too, I don't know if it was because of the brown background of the site but it does look like a blueprint. I would like to make a town settlement and put it in this style. I think it would then look like a fantasy city's blue prints.

Welcome to the Guild Mike, I’m glad you decided to join us. Kudos for already sharing one of your maps as well. I like that it almost looks like a “night” map with the inverted colors. Very nicely done and I look forward to seeing more!

- Josh