Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: Morlea

Hello and thank you for the comments so far! Here's the latest update of my progress so far. The next main step will be properly colouring the land, which I'm somewhat dreading since colouring always feels like a chaotic mess at first for me. Once the basic land colours are down things tend to get easier, but the first step is just slightly paralysing.

### Latest WIP ###
    Ny-Morlea.jpg

That "What the heck am I doing?" stage is just part of the process and every artist is familiar with it.

Your map looks very nice so far, definitely in top 3 at the moment, but the month is not over yet.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The colouring is now complete and I think the map just needs a few finishing touches (and more settlement names). I'm fairly happy with it overall and I hope you all like it as well!

### Latest WIP ###
    Morlea.jpg

That's a very nice map Dhelian, love your style, it's very readable

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    That "What the heck am I doing?" stage is just part of the process and every artist is familiar with it.

Your map looks very nice so far, definitely in top 3 at the moment, but the month is not over yet.
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm going to hope to stay in that top 3 of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    That's a very nice map Dhelian, love your style, it's very readable
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear that everything is readable and that you like my style!

Hey everyone, I hope the mapping is going well. I'm pretty much wrapped up with mine now. Once I have the names for the settlement I'm not sure what else the map needs. Since the last WIP I posted here I have added a birb and added highlights to the trees which hopefully give the forests look less flat. I've never done that before, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Also a quick question for anyone who happens to know, am I allowed to show off an extra version of the map? I normally make a separate map image with the political boundaries displayed on it and I was wondering if I can show that off as well. Its basically just the same map with an extra photoshop layer turned on.

### Latest WIP ###
    Ny-Morlea.jpg

Got all the placeholder settlement names replaced with the proper names now and I think the map is as complete as I can get it. I may have to add things to it in the future once more of the world has been developed, but that will be a future thing to worry about after this challenge has ended.

### Latest WIP ###
    ProperMorlea.jpg

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

I think this came out really nice ...

Ooh, the rendering it so smooth! Great looking piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12