Thread: TTRPG customer world map (Island heavy)

Map TTRPG customer world map (Island heavy)

[Paid] - Taken

Paid: Amount is open for discussion. I use paypal for funds transfer and can handle both direct payment or invoicing via paypal. Contact me at blackdragon8186--at--gmail.com to discuss rates. I am also willing to collaborate on the project and do some of the work myself such as coloration and the like while still paying you for your work.Things such as coloring and the like I am capable of doing myself though I am fully aware some artists do not like this prospect. I am also aware some artists do not like their work altered after production, I would like the ability to alter things as needed for my games.

Subject

I have available an example of the base map. I made this myself a while ago for private use however I have moved to streaming and would like something of a higher quality and something that doesn't use a compass rose I found on google.
    The map will include two mountain ranges, two craters, and 10 island clusters similar to the gulf of Mexico I guess in a way. This is a ‘world map’ and by that I mean known world as of yet to my players in the game.
    I do not have a proper scale at this time. I may actually need help setting that up. Right now based on math of our own planet and estimates I think my map is about 4400mix5800mi (22”x17”) but I am bad at figuring all that out. I can tell you we are looking at roughly ⅓ of this worlds planet

Style

Style wise I want something that is akin to an older style map a sailor would use. I did my best on my own to design something akin to what I would like, but I would like more detail then I can produce myself. I do have names for the clusters of the islands and some of the individual areas have names as well I would like to include on the map if possible. I have a document in progress for some of this information that I am willing to share with the artist.
    I am looking for something that is slightly sepia tones in color with muted colors and symbols. I like the old worn look.

Quality & Size

semi professional - honestly just looking for some good work
    Primarily used on web but I do want some prints for my players as a gift
    Dimensions of map: : 22”x17” I would like 600 dpi but 300dpi is acceptable for file resolution
    I prefer Vector - however Raster is fine

Time Constraints

I am meeting up with some of my players in May, I would like to give my players printed copies of the map when I get to see them in person. However I am realistic and have no clue how long a project like this will take at all.

Copyright
    I would like reproduction rights to the map
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.
    I think. TBH I am streaming one of my games now so I am not sure how all this fits in. I would like to use the map and reproduce it or alter it as needed to fit the games I run. I am open to discussion over this however as I want to make sure whoever does it receives fair credit where credit is due and fair payment for their work. I am also not sure if my stream will ever gain attention nor whether or not the setting I have built will ever be anything more then a home setting.

Contact Details

Blackdragon8186--at--gmail.com
    Here if need be
    I do have a discord as well but do not want to make that public.

Side notes:
    -I have gotten commissions before however most art I have ever paid for are usually characters and the like so this is a tad of a new venture to me.
    -I am slightly clueless when it comes to distances, I am better with measuring distance in time over distance in miles.

Map Example Drop Box Links:
    Left Half:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfp2hk62jv...t%201.png?dl=0
    Right Half:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/se1pfr742k...t%202.png?dl=0
    Last edited by DrunkDragonEra; 03-07-2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: update

Hello all, Seems I have found a match already.

Thanks!