Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mar/Apr '21 Lite Challenge: Springever town

I think you created an excellent layout here. Good use of the space and wonderful drawings.

Thank you Arimel and Timetodraw for the kinds words.
    I found two errors in the text.... next time I will do the lettering part with GIMP !

Hi Simkin.

I agree that the layout is nice, I also like the green, the textures, and the variety of plants in the gardens. My favourite is the one on the right where the river has some cute reeds.

You could fix the lettering if you drew over the red with black or green marker. The red is really hard to read, because you added a shadow detail that is the same line weight as your main letters. Usually adding a shadow is a neat effect, but the letters have to be much larger.

The letters in "Springever" are also hard to read, though they are larger, because the leafy detail is green. Complementary colours create this vibrating effect when put together. Generally when I write something that I want to put in an illustration, I first practice on another piece of paper, and once i have something I like, I draw the same thing in pencil on my final version, and then draw over with a marker or whatever I'm going to be using. Try it, your lettering will improve.

This tip also works for pretty much anything. When colouring, you can create swatches of colours to see if they go well together. When drawing flourishes, you can test out ideas as quick sketches and so on. Don't be afraid to use more than one piece of paper for one piece of art!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Kisachik for the advices, too often I do something without testing it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12