Thread: Zion [commission]

Map Zion [commission]

Hello everybody,

It was crazy busy month for me, but i managed to complete this map. As always i would like to hear yours take on it.
    I was glad that customer wanted to name the places by himself. That is my least favorite part

Zion_flat.png

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat! I think having a slight color difference between the water and land could help with the differentiating of the two but this still looks really good. I really like how the land seems 'filled'. There does not seem to be any empty space that I always seem to be combating.

Thanks Arimel, there is slight difference in color between the two, but you are right that after the paper effects and brightness adjustment it little bit fade out together with some details unfortunatelly. Yea, customer wanted a lot of forrests and even that it was pain to draw them again and again and again, it really worked out.

Hi Andarr! The map looks beautiful, but the lack of labels kind of makes it feel a bit eerie. So the customer wants to deal with that himself? That's bold. Hopefully he doesn't ruin it, haha.

If it was mine, I'd rename it, pick some random location names and post it as some alternate universe. But I agree naming stuff can be tough. Especially when you play some game and it asks to name your playable character. That's an entire day of thinking right there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------