Thread: The Scribbler's Guide to Octerraca

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    The overall model of this sketchbook is to disconnect myself from the idea of perfectionism that has plagued my progress as an artist for a long time. I've begun to realize the hindering factor it holds in my art, so I'm aiming to change my approach.

I want to bring speed to my process, while not sweating the small stuff, but maintaining the cleanliness of penmanship that I hold so dear, so here goes.
    Your have really inspired me to start using a sketchbook as well, as I also struggle with perfectionism.

Although I have to admit to my eyes your map looks perfect at this point. Beautiful linework and nice coloring so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Your have really inspired me to start using a sketchbook as well, as I also struggle with perfectionism.

Although I have to admit to my eyes your map looks perfect at this point. Beautiful linework and nice coloring so far!
    With the rough week I've had, it is really good to hear that I inspired someone to tackle their artistic demons, by trying to tackle my own. I've felt very confined within my idea of perfection, but I hope breaking out of that shell will further motivate others to break free the mental bonds that restrict them.

I appreciate the kind words, Neyasha!

IR