Thread: April 2021 Challenge: Ahaggar region

Default April 2021 Challenge: Ahaggar region

I decided to throw something in for this challenge. What I will post here, is a first map, which is more or less working as a sketch/base.

Rough concept: A digitized world needs electronics and therefore special resources. A big deposit of the 5 most needed resources was found in the Ahaggar mountains (in Sahara). A big mining corporation has established a plant for mining those and an electronic factory was built nearby. Although own security services were based at the plant, they were not able to protect all of the facilities, because local (cyberpunkish-)tribes are attacking often. The worlds biggest private security company (SeCorp) was hired to protect the site and recently built a big camp in the region. A special place near the mountains is the zone, where almost 50 airplanes crashed in 2020, because of a concerted hacking attack.

Software and data: The background map was made with QGIS, using a shaded relief map of the region from naturalearthdata.com. Everything else was made with Photoshop so far.

### Latest WIP ###
    Cyberpunk_Ahaggar Kopie.jpg

Comments, critique, ideas and everything else is welcome of course.

### Latest WIP ###
    Cyberpunk_Ahaggar2.jpg

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really my type of map, so I don't have that many ideas, but I like the iconography
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise